Sport climbing course will teach you to climb on real rock and relies on permanent anchors (bolts or spits). We will cover all the necessary skills for a safe transition between indoor walls and outdoor crags. During the course, we will show you how to belay using semi-automatic devices. .
Professional climbing instruction for an affordable price in Polish climbing paradise.
Course/guiding price: depends of number of participants, we charge typically 350 Euro per day (could be negotiable).
What’s included? 6+ hours of climbing every day, sport climbing instructions, climbing workshops, all climbing equipment.
Dates in 2023: dates can be agreed individually – drop us an email.
Sport climbing course program:
Day 1 Clipping bolts, threading anchors, lead climbing with top-rope backup, how to belay lead climb.
Day 2 Lead climbing, techniques and tactics, building stances with slings, abseiling skills, evening sport climbing movie and lecture.
Day 3 Lead climbing, using semi-automatic devices for belaying and basic self-rescue procedures.
- Please note that program of the sport climbing course is subject to change due to weather conditions or other factors.
- We also offer tuition in traditional (trad) climbing where you need to place your own protection. We will teach you how to place gear (nuts, cams, slings), build correct stances, organize ropes and copy with an emergency situation. You become a truly independent climber when you learn those skills.
Where: Jura, Poland
Jura – Polish Jurassic Highland is located in southern Poland, between Krakow and Częstochowa and covers about 5000 square km. The area is full of beautiful hills with quiet valleys, old forests and fantastically shaped limestone rocks. The highest point is Castle Hill (Góra Zamkowa) – 516 m. During the Earth’s early years, Jura was at the bottom of the sea and there is plenty of evidence for this – especially fossils of some small sea creatures. Many of them are hidden in deep caves, which are other highlights of the region. The highlights of the region are medieval castles built on the rocks. They are the reason, the 165km long trekking path throughout the region is called “Eagle’s Nest Trail”.
Our climbing base will be in a village near Kraków city. The climbing routes are located just “next to the car park”, within a minute’s walk. Rocks around Kraków have been very popular for a long time with more than 1000 routes from 3+ to 8c+, on various rock formations. Long slabs, 30m vertical walls, overhangs and well-bolted routes are waiting for you. The surrounding area guarantees really fabulous views.
- Hotel: You will need to book yourself a hotel in Kraków.We are happy to arrange a lift to the crag every day.
- Flights and transport: You are responsible for booking your flight to Kraków, where we run our course. Flights to Poland are an average price of €120 return (check budget airlines Wizzair and Ryanair). Why not combine this climbing course with a visit to this historic city? I strongly recommend staying in Kraków few days!
- Experience needed: This is a basic/intermediate-level course. Indoor top-rope climbing and bouldering would be desirable but complete beginners are also encouraged to book. Instructor-to-student ratio: 1:4.
(*all prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations.)
Check out testimonials