Sport climbing course will teach you to climb on real rock and relies on permanent anchors (bolts or spits). We will cover all necessary skills needed for a safe transition between indoor wall and outdoor crags. During the course, we will show you how to organise your sport multi-pitch climbing as well.
Sport climbing course in Jura.Professional climbing instruction for an affordable price in Polish climbing paradise.
Course price: €250
What’s included? 6+hours of climbing every day, sport climbing instructions including an introduction to multi-pitch climbing, climbing workshops, all climbing equipment, evening lectures and movies.
Dates in 2019:
3rd June – 6th June (one place left to book – hurry up!)
10th – 13th June (one place left to book – hurry up!)
15th July – 18 July (fully booked)
22nd – 25th July (available to book)
5th – 8th August (available to book)
Sport climbing course program:
Airport pickup, check in at the hotel, clipping bolts, threading anchors, lead climbing with top-rope backup, how to belay lead climb.
Lead climbing, techniques and tactics, building stances with slings, evening sport climbing movie and lecture.
Multi-pitch climbing, belaying from the top, operating and organizing ropes, swapping leads, abseiling skills.
A lead climbing session, basic self-rescue procedures, lunch and drop off at the airport.
- Please note that the program of sport climbing course is subject to change due to weather conditions or other factors.
I offer as well course/tuition in traditional (trad) climbing where you need to place your own protection. I will teach you how to place gear (nuts, cams, slings), build correct stances, organize ropes and copy with an emergency situation. You become a truly independent climber when you learn those skills.
To read more please go to this page TRAD CLIMBING COURSE.
Where: Jura, Poland
Jura – Polish Jurassic Highland is located in southern Poland, between Krakow and Częstochowa and covers about 5000 square km. The whole area is full of beautiful hills with quiet valleys, old forests and fantastically shaped limestone rocks. The highest point is Castle Hill (Góra Zamkowa) – 516 m. During the Earth’s early years, Jura was at the bottom of the sea and there is plenty of evidence for this – especially fossils of some small sea creatures. Many of them are hidden in deep caves, which are other highlights of the region. The highlights of the region are medieval castles built on the rocks. They are the reason, the 165km long trekking path throughout the region is called “Eagle’s Nest Trail”.
Our climbing base will be in village Olsztyn near Czestochowa city about 60 km from Katowice airport. The climbing routes are located just “behind the hotel”, within a minutes’ walk. Olsztyn has been very popular for a long time with more than 300 routes from 3+ to 8c+, on various rock formations. Long slabs, 30m vertical walls, overhangs and well-bolted routes are waiting for you. Most of the rock formations surround the ruins of a 14th-century castle which is also worth visiting. The surrounding area guarantees really fabulous views. Olsztyn is a tourist hotspot with nice pubs and restaurants. You have to try Polish beer – you will love it.
- Hotel price: I’m happy to assist you in booking a friendly hotel. You will need to pay directly to the hotel after your stay an average price is €30 per night (breakfast and dinner included). I don’t collect monies upfront for the hotel. You will have your own room with a bathroom, bedding and towels are provided.
- Flights and transport: You are responsible for booking your own flight to the place where we run our course. Flights to Poland are an average price of €120 return (check budget airlines Wizzair and Ryanair). I’m happy to pick you up at the Katowice airport as is only 60km away from Olsztyn. Kraków or Warszaw airports is also a good option, you will just need to take the train to Czestochowa city so pick up will be at Czestochowa train station. Why not combine this climbing course with a visit to this historic cities? I strongly recommend staying in Kraków for a few days!
- Experience needed: This is a basic/intermediate level course. Indoor top-rope climbing and bouldering would be desirable but complete beginners are also encouraged to book. Instructor to student ratio: 1:4.
- The course is run by me personally, read more about me.
(*all prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations.)
Check out testimonials
See photos and reviews on our Facebook page