Mountain climbing course will teach you all the necessary skills needed for traditional climbing where you place your own protection. We will teach you placing climbing gear such as nuts, hexes, cams, tricams. You will build correct stances, belying with half (double) ropes and learn how to deal with the emergency and common problems. You become a truly independent climber when you learn those skills.
Intro to mountain climbing course in Lądek Zdrój.Professional climbing instruction for an affordable price in beautiful Sudety mountain crags.
Course price: €350
What’s included? 6+ hours of climbing every day, climbing instructions and workshops, all climbing equipment, evening lectures and movies.
Dates in 2020: To be agreed – drop me an email.
* The best is to come with your climbing partner and learn skills together if possible.
Intro to mountain climbing course program:
Seconding a leader, belay lead climb, practical knowledge of climbing knots, lecture about trad climbing.
How to belay from the top and bottom with half ropes, placing trad gear, building correct belaying stances, evening trad climbing movie.
Intro to lead climbing and multi-pitch climbing, abseiling skills.
Independent lead climbing, problem-solving, emergency situation skills.
- This is suggested outlook of the mountain climbing course program but I can adjust it to your needs and time.
- Please note that the program is subject to change due to weather conditions or other factors.
- If you think you are not ready for this type of climbing course check our sport climbing course!
Where: Lądek Zdrój, Poland
Lądek-Zdrój is a small resort town in south-western Poland. It lies in the Sudety Mountains in Kłodzka Valley. The whole region is very hilly and densely covered with forests. It’s a geologically interesting region that used to be very volcanic active. You can climb here on all types of rocks granite, basalt, gneiss, sandstone, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. Sudety Mountains offer apart of climbing lots of hikes, cycling and in winter skiing opportuinities.
We will be climbing on rocks close to the town which are great for getting a feeling of being in the mountain. You have some uphill approach, 30 – 40 m long routes, abseling decends and changing weather.
- Hotel price: I’m happy to assist you in booking a friendly hotel. You will need to pay directly to the hotel after your stay an average price is €32 per night (breakfast included). I don’t collect monies upfront for the hotel. You will have your own room with a bathroom, bedding and towels are provided.
- Flights and transport: You are responsible for booking your own flight to the place where we run our course. Flights to Poland are an average price of €120 return (check budget airlines Wizzair and Ryanair). I’m happy to pick you up at the Wrocław airport as is only 90km away from Lądek Zdrój. Katowice airport is also a option, but you will need to take the train to Wrocław city so pick up will be at Wrocław train station. Why not combining this climbing course with a visit to this historic city? I strongly recommend staying in Wrocław for a few days!
- Experience needed: This is a more advanced level course. Some experience of outdoor climbing, the ability to lead and belay on bolted climbing routes is very useful if not essential.
- The course is run by me personally. Instructor to student ratio: 1:2. Read more about me.
(*all prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations.)
Check out testimonials
See photos and reviews on our Facebook page
Have a question?
Ready to book? Click here!