Sport climbing course will teach how to climb on real rock and relies on permanent anchors (bolts or spits). We will cover all necessary skill needed for safe transition between indoor wall and outdoor crags. During a course, we will show you how to organise your sport multi-pitch climbing as well.
Sport climbing course in Jura.
Professional climbing instruction for an affordable price in Polish climbing paradise.
Course price: €250
What’s included?: 6+hours of climbing every day, sport climbing instructions including an introduction to multi-pitch climbing, climbing workshops, all climbing equipment, evening lectures and movies.
Dates in 2018:
20th May – 24th May (2 places available)
24th June – 28th June (3 places available)
22nd July – 26th July (4 places available)
26th August – 30th August (4 places available)
16th September – 20th September (4 places available)
7th October – 11th October (4 places available)
Sport climbing course program:
Day 1 (Sunday)
Airport pickup, check in the hotel, afternoon top rope climbing and climbing movement technique.
Day 2 (Monday)
Clipping bolts, threading anchors, lead climbing with top-rope backup, how to belay lead climb, evening sport climbing movie.
Day 3 (Tuesday)
Lead climbing, building stances, how to safely back off from the route and basic rescue procedures, lecture about sport climbing.
Day 4 (Wednesday)
Multi-pitch climbing, belaying from the top, operating and organizing ropes, swapping leads, abseiling skills.
Day 5 (Thursday)
Morning climbing lead session, lunch and drop off at the airport.
- Please note that program of sport climbing course is subject to change due to weather conditions or other factors.
Where: Jura, Poland
Jura also is known as the Polish Jurassic Highland is located in southern Poland, between Krakow and Częstochowa and covers about 5000 square km. The whole area is full of beautiful hills with quiet valleys, old forests and fantastically shaped limestone rocks. The highest point is Castle Hill (Góra Zamkowa) – 516 m. During the Earth’s early years, Jura was at the bottom of the sea and there is plenty evidence for this – especially fossils of some small sea creatures. Many of them are hidden in deep caves, which are other highlights of the region. The highlights of the region are medieval castles built on the rocks. They are the reason, the 165km long trekking path throughout the region is called “Eagle’s Nest Trail”.
Our climbing base will be in village Olsztyn near Czestochowa city about 60 km from Katowice airport. The climbing routes are located just “behind the hotel”, within a minutes’ walk. Olsztyn has been very popular for a long time with more than 300 routes from 3+ to 8c+, on various rock formations. Long slabs, 30m vertical walls, gentle overhangs, well-bolted routes are waiting for you. Most of the rock formations surround the ruins of a 14th-century castle which is also worth visiting. The surrounding area guarantees really fabulous views. Olsztyn is a touristic place with nice pubs and restaurants. You have to try Polish beer – you will love it.
- Hotel price: I’m happy to assist you in booking a friendly hotel. You will need to pay directly to the hotel after your stay an average price is €30 per night (breakfast and dinner included). I don’t collect monies up front for the hotel. You will have your own room with bathroom, bedding and towels are provided.
- Flights and transport: You are responsible for booking your own flight to the place where we run our course. Flights to Poland are an average price of €120 return (check budget airlines Wizzair and Ryanair). Please book your flight to Katowice airport in Poland. I’m happy to pick you up at the Katowice airport. Krakow airport is also a possible option but you will need to take the train to Czestochowa. I can pick you up from Czestochowa.
- Experience needed: This is basic/intermediate level course. Indoor top-rope climbing and bouldering would be desirable but complete beginners are also encouraged to book. Instructor to student ratio: 1:4.
- The course is run by me personally, read about me more.
(*all prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations.)
Check out testimonials
See photos and reviews on our Facebook page